In an allergic reaction, the body believes that harmless substances like dust, pollen, grass, pet dander, mold, etc. are invading it. Instead of reacting appropriately to these stimuli, the body rallies its defenses to fight off these substances as if they were parasites.
The list of symptoms caused by allergies is longer than you might think. Primary signs of allergies include:
- Runny or congested nose
- Watery and itchy eyes
- Frequent ear infections
- Sinus headaches
- Nasal polyps
- Conjunctivitis (eye irritation)
- Muscle/joint pain
- Skin rashes and eczema
- Mental problems such as confusion, slow thinking, depression and forgetfulness.
- Respiratory effects including endless colds, chronic cough, recurrent bronchitis.
Of course, there are many possible reasons for these symptoms. The only way to know if they are caused by allergies is to take an allergy test. Doctors Express offers a pain-free skin test that provides answers in just 15-minutes; results are read on the spot.
Urgent Care When You Need It:
- Walk-in friendly
- Open 7-days a week 8am-8pm
- In-network for most Arizona insurers
- Open extended hours
- Has X-Ray and Lab onsite
- Staffed by Doctors, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners.